ColdMechanics is a small indie game studio based in Canada. Our target is to produce software to the best of our knowledge and capacity. We hope that passion will be noticeable within our games and plug-ins.
October Studio UpdateNov 16, 2019
During October, a part of the team was on vacation (from our main job), so we were able to accomplish more than usual.
- Update the Angular version to the latest 8 released.
- Fix some UI glitch on low DPI monitors.
- Many members were in formations to improve some of their skills.
- We release a new version of the Unity plugin “2D Pixel Grid”. It’s now “2D Pixel Perfect Position”, this name is more representative of the real tool utility. In this new tool version, we also add support for the latest Unity 2019 versions (2019.2 and also the 2019.3-beta).
- Work in progress:
- Preliminary work on the Player Navigation AI.
- Preliminary work on the inventory system.
- Many assets needed for the tutorial ship drew.
- In-game window system.
- Work on the game design document (GDD).
- Many conception meetings.
Next month, the Studio Update article will contain even more exciting news.
Here in Canada, November is cold and dull, then much of our free time will be put on the ColdMechanics projects.
August & September Studio UpdateOct 15, 2019
August was my vacation month, so I don’t do a lot of work. But September was exciting, and here is what happens.
- The News section is now way faster to load news for the first time.
- We clean the website code and delete old sections. So now the website is smaller, so faster to load.
Someone new joins the studio, and an old member came back! I will give more details on that in another article later this month.
- We had revived the project!
- We updated our vision of the game. Even at the moment, we are still working on that vision and trying to have a complete one before we start programming for it.
In the last months, we decided to revive the “Zeppelin commander” project, and some new member joins the team. It will be exciting in the future to see how this new project will bloom with new partners.