ColdMechanics is a small indie game studio based in Canada. Our target is to produce software to the best of our knowledge and capacity. We hope that passion will be noticeable within our games and plug-ins.
Where is the March Studio Update?May 6, 2020
We decide to stop writing the monthly studio update. It was taking us too much time, and no one reads them.
So we will take a new approach to our blog post and will start writing micro-posts about the Zeppelin Commander game advancement.
We are still working on this new format, but you may see one of these new micro-blog posts soon.
February Studio UpdateMar 10, 2020
- We had updated the website code to the latest major version Angular. This new release adds the ability to pre-render the site and then use a static website hosting provider, which is way cheaper, simple and easy.
- We switched for a new picture format that decreases the size of the images by a lot (2-3x smaller in some cases).
- We improved the ship movement algorithm. Now the ship turns in the direction it's moving. Also, we hit the obstacles less often in the test scene.
- We had started implementing the trading system.
- We added new placeholder assets to be able to start creating the ships and modules.
- Many circumstances have prevented us from meeting with each other, so nothing new here for this section.
This past month, we mainly work each on our own. We had worked on the game, but we did nothing studio's side.
From the time of writing this article (in March), we already meet each other many times. So the next month news article will be very different from this one.