ColdMechanics is a small indie game studio based in Canada. Our target is to produce software to the best of our knowledge and capacity. We hope that passion will be noticeable within our games and plug-ins.
February Studio UpdateMar 10, 2020
- We had updated the website code to the latest major version Angular. This new release adds the ability to pre-render the site and then use a static website hosting provider, which is way cheaper, simple and easy.
- We switched for a new picture format that decreases the size of the images by a lot (2-3x smaller in some cases).
- We improved the ship movement algorithm. Now the ship turns in the direction it's moving. Also, we hit the obstacles less often in the test scene.
- We had started implementing the trading system.
- We added new placeholder assets to be able to start creating the ships and modules.
- Many circumstances have prevented us from meeting with each other, so nothing new here for this section.
This past month, we mainly work each on our own. We had worked on the game, but we did nothing studio's side.
From the time of writing this article (in March), we already meet each other many times. So the next month news article will be very different from this one.
January Studio UpdateFeb 21, 2020
January was a pretty soft month, where we accomplish some excellent progress in the Zeppelin commander game.
- Fix the Unity assets links on the page, not pointing to the right store page.
- We start working on the combat system. Now two ships can shoot at each other.
- Start implementing the player resource inventory and the money system.
- Add a ship placeholder for our tests.
- Due to some time limitations, we were only able to meet all the team together a single time remotely. This session was efficient and allowed us to move forward the game Zeppelin Commander.
We don't meet that much during that month, but we start working on the core components of Zeppelin Commander. February is currently looking a lot like January in terms of work and meeting, so expect a monthly report in the same mood like this one.